GME Applicants are required to submit:
- GME application posted on the website.
- A photocopy of the applicant’s valid identity card or passport.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) prepared within three months of the application.
- Person al Statement describing their interest in the specialty.
- Certified copy of the Medical Degree (MD) or if not applicable, a Dean’s letter from the Medical School from which the applicant is enrolled.
- Certified copy of the medical school transcript of record.
- A minimum of three letters of recommendation provided by faculty members who had an academic contact with the applicant.
- Two recent, passport size, colored photograph of the applicant.
- For all graduates: score reports of the USMLE step 2 Clinical Knowledge, or its equivalent, International Foundations of Medicine Clinical Science Examination (IFOM CSE).
- For graduates from non-English speaking medical schools: score reports of the English Language Proficiency examination. Applicants who don’t provide a passing English proficiency Examination score by January 31, 2018 will not be considered for selection.
- Non-refundable 100 USD application processing fee.
Graduates of medical schools who have obtained their medical degree from an approved medical school listed in the International Medical Education Directory (IMED) are required and mandatory to sit for (1) an English proficiency examination (required if graduate from Non-English teaching medical school) and (2) Clinical Medical Science Examination.
English proficiency examination: one of the following
- English Entrance Examination administered at LAU (minimum score of 550).
- International TOEFL (minimum score of 233, or 90 on CBT, or IBT respectively).
- International English Language Testing System IELTS (minimun score of 7.0)
Clinical Medical Science Examination: one of the following
- The IFOM CSE* which covers the international core of clinical knowledge expected of students in the final year of undergraduate medical education in Medicine, Surgery, Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology and Psychiatry. For more information on the exam please refer to the NBME website at http://www.nbme.org/Schools/iFoM/index.html.
- US Medical Licensing Exam (USMLE) step 2 Clinical Knowledge (CK).