The mission of the Office of Student Affairs at the School of Medicine is to provide services, guidance and support to both pre-med and medical students. The Office is in line with LAU’s mission in being student-centered. It strives to meet students’ individual needs by creating a supporting and sympathetic environment that promotes the academic, personal and professional growth of every student.
The Office serves as an interface between students and the SOM administration and faculty.
Among others, the Office of Student Affairs is responsible for offering necessary information and services related to:
- Advising for pre-med and medical students
- Reviewing submitted applications
- Career counseling and planning
- Student admissions and registration. The school’s registrar manages and maintains all academic records for students and alumni.
- Student information: student life, accommodations, handbook
- Advise on financial challenges.
- Confidential personal counseling: assisting students in dealing with academic difficulties, stress, health issues, problems with colleagues and faculty in addition to personal and family problems.
- Other services