Siba Kallab, MD
Clinical Assistant Professor
Dr. Siba Kallab is Clinical Assistant Professor in the Division of Nephrology at the LAU Gilbert and Rose-Marie Chagoury School of Medicine.
Dr. Kallab received her Doctor of Medicine degree from Saint Joseph University School of Medicine and completed her residency in internal medicine at Hotel Dieu de France, both in Beirut, Lebanon; these were followed by a fellowship in transplantation at Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Toulouse, France.
She obtained university diplomas in critical care nephrology (Pierre et Marie Curie University, 2011), blood purification techniques (Strasbourg University, 2010), and peritoneal dialysis (Caen Basse Normandie University, 2011), as well as specialty certification in transplantation (AFS) at Paul Sabatier University, Toulouse III.
Dr. Kallab is the author of several publications in the field of transplantation. She serves as reviewer in the international workgroup EXTRIP for the use of dialysis in intoxications.
Her main interest is the use of extracorporeal treatment in intoxications.
- Ghannoum M , Berling I , Lavergne V et al., EXTRIP workgroup : Badria Alhatali B, Kurt Anseeuw K, Steven Bird S … Kallab S et al. Recommendations from the EXTRIP workgroup on extracorporeal treatment for baclofen poisoning. Kidney Int (2021 Oct) 100(4):720-736
- Bouchard J , Shepherd G , Hoffman RS et al., EXTRIP workgroup: Josée Bouchard J, Greene Shepherd G, Robert S Hoffman RS … Kallab S et al. Extracorporeal treatment for poisoning to beta-adrenergic antagonists: Systematic review and recommendations from the EXTRIP workgroup. Crit Care. (2021 Jun) 25(1):201
Wong A , Hoffman RS , Walsh SJ et al, EXTRIP workgroup : Shepherd G, Yates Y, Wood D … Kallab S et al. Extracorporeal treatment for calcium channel blocker poisoning: Systematic review and recommendations from the EXTRIP workgroup. Clinical Toxicology (2021 May) 59(5):361-375
- Mowry JB, Shepherd G , Hoffman RS … Kallab S et al. Extracorporeal treatments for isoniazid poisoning: Systematic review and recommendations from the EXTRIP workgroup. Pharmacotherapy. (2021 May) 41(5):463-478
Aoun M , Khalil R, Walid Mahfoud W … Kallab S et al., Age and multimorbidities as poor prognostic factors for COVID-19 in hemodialysis: a Lebanese national study. BMC Nephrol (2021 Feb) 22(1):73
Berling I , King JD , Shepherd G et al. , EXTRIP workgroup : Kurt Anseeuw K, Steven Bird S, Timothy Bunchman T… Kallab S, et al. Extracorporeal treatment for chloroquine, hydroxychloroquine, and quinine poisoning: Systematic review and recommendations from the EXTRIP workgroup. (2020 Oct) 31(10):2475-2489
Bassil N, Rostaing L, Mengelle C, Kallab S, Esposito L, Guitard J, Cardeau-Desangles I, Weclawiak H, J Izopet J, Kamar N. Prospective monitoring of cytomegalovirus, Epstein-Barr virus, BK virus, and JC virus infections on belatacept therapy after a kidney transplant. Exp Clin Transplant (2014 Jun) 12(3):212-9
- Lavayssière L, Kallab S, Cardeau-Desangles I, Nogier MB, Cointault O, Barange K, Muscari F, Rostaing L, Kamar N. Impact of molecular adsorbent recirculating system on renal recovery in type-1 hepatorenal syndrome patients with chronic liver failure. J Gastroenterol Hepatol (2013 Jun) 28(6):1019-24
- Kallab S, Bassil N, Esposito L, Cardeau-Desangles I, Rostaing L, Kamar N. Indications for and barriers to preemptive kidney transplantation: A Review. Transplantation Proceedings (2010 April) 42(3):782-4
View Dr. Kallab’s publications on Pubmed.
Professional and Research Interests
- Use of extracorporeal treatment in intoxication
- Critical nephrology
Education and Training
- M.D. degree, Saint Joseph University, Beirut, Lebanon, 2005
- Residency in Internal Medicine, Nephrology Fellowship, Saint Joseph University -Hotel Dieu de France, Beirut, 2008
- Fellowship in Transplantation, Paul Sabatier University- Rangueil Hospital, Toulouse, France, 2011
- Diploma in blood purification techniques, Strasbourg University, France, 2010
- Diploma in peritoneal dialysis, Caen Basse-Normandie University, France, 2011
- Diploma in critical care nephrology, Pierre et Marie Curie University, France, 2011
- Specialized certification in transplantation (AFS), Paul Sabatier University,Toulouse III, France
- Transplant and intensive-care training, UPMC – ISMETT (University of Pittsburgh Medical Center – Instituto Mediterraneo per i Trapianti e Terapie ad Alta Specializzazione), 2013
Professional Organizations, Memberships, Affiliations, and/or Honors:
- EXTRIP (Extracorporeal Treatments in Poisoning) international workgroup
- Lebanese Society of Nephrology and Hypertension
- Societe Francophone de Nephrologie et Transplantation (SFNT)