Ziad Hubayter, MD, MBA, MPH
Clinical Assistant Professor
Program Director, Residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Dr. Ziad R. Hubayter is Clinical Assistant Professor in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at LAU Gilbert and Rose-Marie Chagoury School of Medicine and LAU Medical Center-Rizk Hospital, and he has special expertise in the treatment of infertility including in-vitro fertilization (IVF). After receiving his M.D. degree from the American University of Beirut in Lebanon in 2001, Dr. Hubayter completed his residency training in Obstetrics and Gynecology at the George Washington University, U.S.A., in 2006. Subsequently, he pursued a three-year fellowship in infertility and reproductive endocrinology at the Johns Hopkins University. After six years of clinical practice in the U.S., he joined LAU’s School of Medicine in 2016. Dr. Hubayter is American Board-certified in both Ob-Gyn and Infertility. He is a member of multiple local and international scientific committees. He is also an active researcher, and his current areas of study include medical education, infertility, and issues related to pregnancy. Dr. Hubayter has authored many scientific publications and book chapters, and he is a journal reviewer. He is also heavily involved in academic teaching and is the Director of the Residency Program in Obstetrics and Gynecology at LAU.
Hubayter ZR, Muasher SJ. How to select ovarian stimulation protocols to avoid difficulties and complications. Rizk B, Aboulghar M, eds. Ovarian Stimulation. Cambridge University Press 2010; 130-142.
Hubayter ZR, Muasher SJ. Ectopic and Heterotopic Pregnancy Following In Vitro Fertilization. . Rizk B, Garcie-Velasco J, Sallam H, Makrigiannakis, eds. Infertility and Assisted Reproduction. Cambridge University Press 2008;619-628.
- Kolp LA, Hubayter ZR. Autotransplantation of cryopreserved ovarian tissue: a procedure with promise, risks, and a need for a registry. Fertil Steril, 2011, 95(6): 1879-86.
- Hubayter ZR, Popat V, Vanderhoof VH, Ndubizu O, Johnson D, Mao E, Calis KA, Troendle JF, Nelson LM. A prospective evaluation of antral follicle function in women with 46,XX spontaneous primary ovarian insufficiency. Fertil Steril, 2010; 94 (5): 1769-74.
- Hubayter ZR. Dyspnea after IVF. Clinical Case, eMedicine Case Presentations CME, August 2009.
- Muasher SJ, Hubayter ZR. Luteal phase support for IVF: How much evidence do we have? Middle East Fertility Society Journal, 2009; 14 (1): 27 - 33.
- Hubayter ZR, Muasher SJ. Choices of stimulation for low responders in IVF. Expert Rev of Obst and Gynecol, 2008; 3: 531-538.
- Hubayter ZR, Simon JA. Testosterone therapy for sexual dysfunction in postmenopausal women. Climacteric 2008; 11 (3): 181-191.
- Hubayter ZR, Muaher SJ. Luteal supplementation in in vitro fertilization: More questions than answers. Fertil Steril 2008; 89:749-58.
- Hubayter Z, Muasher SJ. Stimulation of the high responders and strategies to prevent ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome. Middle East Fertility Society Journal 2008; 13: 147-155.
- Hubayter Z, Muasher SJ. Soft versus conventional protocol for in vitro fertilization. Middle East Fertility Society Journal 2008; 13 (3): 161-177.
- Muasher SJ, Abdallah RT, Hubayter ZR. Optimal Stimulation Protocols for In Vitro Fertilization. Fertil Steril. 2006, 86: 267-73
Professional and Research Interests
- In-vitro fertilization (IVF)
- Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
- Reproductive endocrinology
- Abnormal bleeding
Education and Training
- B.S. in biology with distinction, American University of Beirut, Beirut, Lebanon, 1997
- M.D. degree, American University of Beirut, 2001
- Residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology, The George Washington University , Washington, D.C., U.S.A., 2006
- Fellowship in Infertility, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland , U.S.A., 2009
- Research Fellow at the National Institutes of Health (NIH), 2007-2010
- M.B.A., George Washington University Bloomberg School of Public Health, Washington, D.C., 2007
- M.B.A. in Healthcare, Hopkins Carrey Business School, Baltimore, 2009
- Clinical Simulation Diploma, Lebanese American University, Byblos, Lebanon, 2017
- American Board Certification in Obstetrics and Gynecology
- American Board Certification in Infertility
Professional Memberships and Organizations
- Fellow of the American Congress of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- American Board Certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology and Infertility (ABOG)
- American Society of Reproductive Medicine
- American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists
- Society of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
- Chair, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Calvert Memorial Hospital, Maryland, U.S.A., 2011-2015
- Patient Choice Award
- Fellow Research Award in Infertility (ASRM)
- Member, Kane King Dodek Honor Society
- Lebanese Fertility Society
- Lebanese Society of Obstetrics and Gynecology