Post-Doc Research Fellowship 2019-2020
Requirements for Admissions
There are five (5) available positions for the 2019-2020 academic year.
- Post-Doc. research fellowship application posted on MyEvaluation Platform. To access the platform, please contact the GME office to get the credentials needed for your access.
- A photocopy of the applicant’s valid identity card or passport.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) prepared within three months of the application.
- A personal statement describing the interest in this position
- A certified copy of either of the following:
- Medical Degree (MD) or if not applicable, a letter of enrollment from the Medical School in which the applicant is enrolled AND the Medical Student Perfromance Evaluation (MSPE, known as Dean’s letter).
- Doctorate degree (PhD)
- Pharm D degree
- A certified copy of the medical or graduate school transcript of record.
- A minimum of three letters of recommendation provided by faculty members who had an academic contact with the applicant.
- Two (2) recent, passport size, colored photographs of the applicant.
For all applicants (non-LAU graduates): score reports of the following (optional, if available):
- USMLE step two Clinical Knowledge, or its equivalent, International Foundations of Medicine Clinical Science Examination (IFOM CSE).
- USMLE step one, or its equivalent, International Foundations of Medicine Basic Science Examination (IFOM BSE)
For LAU graduates: score reports of the following (optional, if available):
- USMLE step 2 Clinical Knowledge, or its equivalent, International Foundations of Medicine Clinical Science Examination (IFOM CSE).
For graduates from non-American medical schools:
- Score reports of English Language Proficiency examination
Qualifying English Examinations
Graduates of recognized medical schools that are listed on the World Directory of Medical Schools (WDMS), are required and mandatory to it for (1) an English proficiency examination (required if graduate from Non-English teaching medical school) and (2) Clinical Medical Science Examination when available.
English proficiency examination: one of the following
- English Entrance Examination administered at LAU (minimum score of 550)
- International TOEFL (score of 233, or 90 on CBT, or IBT respectively)
- International English Language Testing System IELTS (score of 7.0)
Any document not printed in English must be accompanied by an acceptable original English translation performed by a qualified translator and certified by proper authorities.
Post-Doctoral Research fellowship application together with all required documents must be submitted online on MyEvaluation Platform
Hard copies of applications together with the requirement documents should be submitted to the GME office located in St. Charles Building, ground floor, next to LAUMCRH. No application will be considered unless notarized hard copies are submitted to the GME office.
The fee for the Post-Doctoral Research Fellowship application is 100 USD.
|Accept Post-Doctoral Research applications||As of January 1, 2019|
|Deadlines for GME applications submission||January 31, 2019|
|TOEFL exam results to be submitted||February 10, 2019|
|IFOM exam results to be submitted (optional)||February 10, 2019|
|Call for interviews||March 1 - March 8, 2019|
|Interviews conducted||March 15 - March 29, 2019|
|Letters of acceptance or rejection||April 15 - April 30, 2019|
|Late acceptance (in case of withdrawal of an accepted candidate)||May 2019|
|Contracts offered||June 3, 2019|
|Fellowship start date||June 10, 2019|
|Orientation/training course week||June 10-14, 2019|