Requirements for Admissions
GME Elective Applicants are required to submit:
- GME Elective Application
- A photocopy of the applicant’s valid identity card or passport
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) prepared within three months of the application date
- Personal Statement describing applicant’s interest in the elective program
- Certified copy of the Medical Degree (MD)
- Certified copy of the medical school transcript of record
- A letter of good standing provided by the program director of the training site or the medical school
- Two recent, passport-sized, color photographs of the applicant
- Immunization record
- Judicial record
Any document not printed in English must be accompanied by an acceptable original English translation performed by a qualified translator and certified by proper authorities.
The fee for submission of the GME Elective Application is 200,000 L.L.
The fee for participation in an elective rotation of one months’ duration or less is 150,000 L.L., and for a two-month elective within the same department it is 250,000 L.L.
The above-listed fees are payable via bank transfer.
Applications together with the required documents should be submitted to the GME Office located in the Sarraf Building, first floor, Achrafieh, near the LAU Medical Center at Rizk Hospital.
GME Elective Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, throughout the year.