Abeer J. Hani, MD
Clinical Assistant Professor
Division of Pediatric Neurology
Program Director, Residency in Pediatrics
Dr. Abeer J. Hani is Clinical Assistant Professor of Pediatrics and Neurology at the LAU Gilbert and Rose-Marie Chagoury School of Medicine and LAU Medical Center-Rizk Hospital, with expertise in pediatric neurology, epilepsy, and intraoperative monitoring. She completed her M.D. degree at the American University of Beirut in Lebanon in 2008, then pursued a three-year residency training in Pediatrics at AUB between 2008 and 2011. At Duke University in Durham, North Carolina, U.S.A., she completed a three-year fellowship in Child Neurology from 2011 to 2014, followed by a one-year fellowship in Clinical Neurophysiology, Epilepsy and Intraoperative Monitoring in 2014-2015. Dr. Hani is an active member of multiple local and international scientific committees. She is also an active researcher and has authored many publications and book chapters. Her current areas of research include epilepsy and developmental delays. She is also heavily involved in academic teaching and is the Pediatrics Residency Program Director at LAU Medical Center-Rizk Hospital. Dr. Hani serves as a consultant in Pediatric Neurology to multiple local hospitals. She has expertise in various neurologic disease of childhood, epilepsy, and intraoperative monitoring.
- Hani A, Mikati M. Current and emerging therapies of severe epileptic encephalopathy. Semin Pediatr Neurol. (2016 May) 23(2):180- 6.
- Acharya JN, Hani A, Thirumala PD, Tsuchida TN. American Clinical Neurophysiology Society Guideline 3: A proposal for standard montages to be used in clinical EEG. J Clin Neurophysiol. (2016 Aug) 33(4):312-6.
- Acharya JN, Hani A, Cheek J, Thirumala P, Tsuchida TN. American Clinical Neurophysiology Society Guideline 2: Guidelines for standard electrode position nomenclature. J Clin Neurophysiol. (2016 Aug) 33(4):308-11
- Sinha SR, Sullivan L, Sabau D, San-Juan D, Dombrowski KE, Halford JJ, Hani A, Drislane FW, Stecker MM. American Clinical Neurophysiology Society Guideline 1: Minimum technical requirements for performing clinical electroencephalography. J Clin Neurophysiol. (2016 Aug) 33(4):303-7
- Hani A, Mikati HM, Mikati MA. Genetics of pediatric epilepsy. Pediatr Clin North Am. (2015 Jun) 62(3):703-22.
View Dr. Hani’s publications on Pubmed (search terms: Hani AJ, Hani A).
Professional and Research Interests
- Child neurology
- Neurologic intraoperative monitoring
Education and Training
- B.S. degree, American University of Beirut, Beirut, Lebanon, 2004
- M.D. degree, American University of Beirut, Beirut, Lebanon, 2008
- Residency in Pediatrics, American University of Beirut, Beirut, Lebanon, 2011
- Fellowship in Child Neurology, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina, U.S.A., 2014
- Fellowship in Clinical Neurophysiology (epilepsy and intraoperative monitoring), Duke University, Durham, 2015
- American Academy of Neurology
- American Clinical Neurophysiology Society
- American Epilepsy Society
- Child Neurology Society
- Lebanese Neurological Society