Alain Sayad, MD
Clinical Assistant Professor
Department of Pediatrics
Division of General Pediatrics
Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology
I have the privilege to work at the LAU Gilbert and Rose-Marie Chagoury School of Medicine, one of the finest medical schools in Lebanon. The school’s educational curriculum is very advanced, progressive, and continually updated, and ensures that our students receive comprehensive exposure to a variety of clinical conditions. In particular, we are fortunate to be referred both neonatal and general pediatric endoscopy cases. Moreover the school and its medical center’s research activities are in a strong period of growth and expansion, in both the clinical and basic-science arenas.
- Benninga MA, Vandenplas Y, Bassil Z, Sokhn M, Sayad A et al. The magnesium-rich formula for functional constipation in infants: A randomized comparator-controlled study. Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition(2019) 22(3):270-281. doi.org/10.5223/pghn.2019.22.3.270
- Durno C, Aronson M, Tabori U, Sayad A et al. 548 Gastrointestinal findings in patients with biallelic mismatch repair. Gastroenterology (2015) 148(4): S-110-S-111,
- Farah RA, de Moerloose P, Bouchardy I, Morris MA, Barakat w, Sayad AE, Neerman-Arbez, M. Combined factor V- factor VII deficiency (F5F8D): Compound heterozygosity for two novel truncating mutations in LMAN1 in a consanguineous patient. Thrombosis and Haemostasis (2006) 95(5):893
- Taugor JD, Maika SD, Satumtira N, Dorris ML, McLean IL, Yanagisawa H, Sayad A, Stagg AJ, Fox GM, O-Brein AL, Rehman M, Zhou M, Weiner AL, Splawski JB, Richardson JA, Hammer R. Inflammatory disease in HLA-B27 transgenic rats. Immunological Reviews (1999) 169(1): 209-223, first published online 28 April 2006, doi.org/10.1111/j.1600-065X.1999.tb01317.x
- Sayad AE, Farah RA, Rogers ZR, Heubi JE, Buchanan GR, Squires RH Jr. Correlation of serum cholyglycine level with hepatic dysfunction in children with sickle cell anemia. Clinical Pediatrics (Phila.) (1999) 38(5):293-296.
- Zhou M, Sayad A, Simmons WA, Jones RC, Maika SD, Satumtira N, Dorris ML, Gaskell SJ, Bordoli RS, Balfour SR, Slaughter CA, Richardson JA, Hammer RE, Taurog JD. The specificity of peptides bound to human Histocompatibility Leukocyte Antigen (HLA)-B27 influences the prevalence of arthritis in HLA-B27 transgenic rats. Journal of Experimental Medicine(1998) 188(5):877-886. doi.org/10.1084/jem.188.5.877
Professional and Research Interests
- Pediatric gastroenterology and nutrition
- Special areas of interest and expertise: inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), functional abdominal pain
Education and Training
- M.D. degree, Saint Joseph University, Beirut, Lebanon
- Postgraduate training in Pediatrics, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Montefiore Hospital, N.Y., New York, U.S.A.
- Fellowship training in Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition, University of Texas, Children’s Hospital of Dallas, Texas, U.S.A.
- Certification, American Board of Pediatrics and American Board of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition
Professional Organizations and Memberships
- Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics
- North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition (NASPGHAN)
- Lebanese Order of Physicians