Anis Nassif, MD
Clinical Assistant Professor
Department of Medical Imaging
Division of Interventional Neuroradiology
Dr. Anis Nassif is a diagnostic and interventional neuroradiologist at LAU Medical Center-Rizk Hospital, with expertise and interest in all aspects of neurologic imaging and intervention. He is a member of the medical team of the Comprehensive Stroke Center at LAU Medical Center-Rizk Hospital.
Dr. Nassif has particular interest in the diagnosis and treatment of acute ischemic stroke, cerebral aneurysms and arteriovenous malformations, dural arteriovenous fistulas, and other intracranial neurovascular disorders .
He has expertise in advanced imaging techniques for the head and neck and the spine, including specialized modalities — such as MR spectroscopy and MR perfusion imaging — for evaluation of brain tumors and and a variety of neurologic conditions.
View Dr. Nassif’s publications on PubMed link with the following search terms: Anis Nassif, AS Nassif, A Nassif.
Professional and Research Interests
- Diagnostic and interventional neuroradiology, adult and pediatric
- Neurologic imaging and therapeutic intervention
- Mechanical thrombectomy for acute stroke
- Embolization of aneurysms and arteriovenous malformations
- Carotid stent placement
Education and Training
- B.S. in biology, S.t Louis University, St. Louis, Missouri, U.S.A., 1990
- Graduate degree in neurosciences, St. Louis University, 1991
- M.D. degree, St. Louis University, 1995
- Internship in General Surgery, Loyola University, Chicago, Illinois, U.S.A., 1996
- Residency in Diagnostic Radiology, St. Louis University, 2000
- Fellowship in Diagnostic and Interventional Neuroradiology, St. Louis, 2002
Professional Memberships and Organizations
- American College of Radiology
- Radiology Society of North America
- American Society of Neuroradiology
- European Society of Neuroradiology
- European Society of Minimally Invasive Neurointerventional Therapy
- European Stroke Association
- Lebanese Society of Radiology
- Lebanese Order of Physicians