Christina Khater, M.D.
Clinical Assistant Professor
Program Director, Fellowship in Hematology-Oncology
She obtained her M.D. degree from St. Joseph University (Beirut). She then pursued a three-year residency training in Internal Medicine at Cooper Hospital (Camden, NJ). She completed a three-year fellowship in Hematology and Oncology at Temple University (Philadelphia, PA) and Fox Chase Cancer Center (Philadelphia, PA). She obtained her three Boards (Internal Medicine, Hematology and Oncology) with high scores.
She is the Program Director of the Hematology-Oncology Fellowship at LAU Medical Center-Rizk Hospital, and a full-time faculty member and practicing physician in the the Hematology-Oncology Division of the medical center; furthermore she is involved in academic teaching at the LAU Gilbert and Rose-Marie Chagoury School of Medicine.
Dr. Khater has extensive clinical experience in the management of a wide range of solid tumors, including breast cancer, gynecologic cancers, lung cancer and gastrointestinal cancers. She has a special interest in breast cancer and is an active member of a foundation that helps women with this disease.
She dedicates time and attention to her patients, in all aspects of their care, including their physical and emotional well-being. She practices Oncology with empathy and compassion, offering her patients state-of-the art treatments with a humane approach.
Khater C, O’Dwyer PJ, Laub P, Gallo J, Rogatko A. Phase II Clinical Trials in Oncology in: Cancer Drug Discovery and Design, Ed. Teicher B, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 1996
Education and Training
- M.D. degree, St. Joseph University, Beirut, Lebanon, 1989
- Residency in Internal Medicine, Cooper University Hospital Medical Center, New Jersey, U.S.A., 1993
- Fellowship in Hematology and Medical Oncology,Temple University, Philadelphia, U.S.A., 1994
- Fellowship in Medical Oncology, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, U.S.A., 1996
Professional Organizations, Memberships, Affiliations, and/or Honors:
- Lebanese Society of Medical Oncology
- Lebanese Society of Hematology and Blood Transfusion