Daniel Mahfoud, MD
Clinical Assistant Professor
Division of Diagnostic Radiology
Acting Chair, Department of Diagnostic Imaging and Interventional Therapeutics
Acting Division Head of Diagnostic Radiology
Dr. Daniel Mahfoud is Clinical Assistant Professor of Radiology at the LAU Medical Center- Rizk Hospital. He was appointed as Chief of Radiology and Nuclear Medicine in 2014, and currently holds the positions of Acting Department Chair as well as Acting Division Head of Diagnostic Radiology.
His areas of expertise include body and chest imaging, CT, and ultrasound. He has particular experience in obstetrical and gynecological ultrasound, musculoskeletal ultrasound, and US-guided diagnostic and therapeutic procedures especially in osteo-articular degenerative and inflammatory disorders as well as in pain management.
Dr. Mahfoud completed his residency in radiology in France where he held positions as attache-associe for five years. He has practiced in Lebanon since 1997 and was appointed as a full-time physician at (then) Rizk Hospital in 1999 before joining LAU in 2010.
Dr Mahfoud earned a master’s degree in healthcare administration from the Ecole Superieure des Affaires (ESA), Beirut, in 2013.
Professional and Research Interests
- Body and Chest Imaging
- Ultrasound with particular experience in Ob-Gyn and Musculoskeletal Ultrasound
- Ultrasound-Guided Therapeutics
Education and Training
- Baccalaureat, MLF-Grand Lycee Franco-Libanais, Beirut, Lebanon, 1983
- M.D. degree, Saint Joseph University, Beirut, Lebanon, 1990
- Residency in Diagnostic Radiology, Universit̩ Paris V, UFR Cochin-Port-Royal, CHU Paris-Sud, 1990-1996
- Certification, Diplome Interuniversitaire de Specialisation (DIS), 1995
- Master of Healthcare Administration, ESA, Beirut, 2013
Professional Memberships and Organizations
- Radiological Society of North America
- European Society of Radiology
- French Society of Radiology
- Lebanese Society of Radiology