Edouard Sayad, M.D
Clinical Assistant Professor
Department of Pediatrics
Division of General Pediatrics
Division of Pediatric Pulmonology
Dr. Edouard Sayad is an American Board-certified pediatrician and pediatric pulmonologist. He specializes in pediatric lung diseases, pediatric respiratory problems, and flexible bronchoscopy.
Dr. Sayad has a great interest in research, has published several peer-reviewed manuscripts, and has presented his work at international conferences. He is currently involved in research projects on pediatric rare lung diseases. Dr. Sayad is also dedicated to medical education and has received several teaching awards.
Dr. Sayad will be seeing general pediatric and pediatric pulmonary patients at LAU Medical Center-Rizk Hospital and LAU Medical Center-St. John’s Hospital.
- Jalota R, Sayad E, Pneumothorax, tension and traumatic: Review (2020 Aug) In: StatPearls. StatPearls Publishing, Treasure Island Florida. PMID: 32644516
- Sayad E, Silva-Carmona M. Meconium aspiration syndrome: Review (2020 May). In: StatPearls. StatPearls Publishing, Treasure Island Florida. PMID: 32491357
- Sayad E, Das S. exercise induced laryngeal obstruction (vocal cord dysfunction). Review (2020 Mar). In: StatPearls. StatPearls Publishing Treasure Island Florida. PMID: 32310608.
- Silva-Carmona M, Sayad E, Vogel TP. Subclinical pulmonary granulomatosis with polyangiitis with dramatic response to treatment [published online ahead of print, 2020 Feb 4]. J Clin Rheumatol. (2020 Feb); doi:10.1097/RHU.0000000000001378.
- Shay E, Sayad E, Milstein C. Exercise-induced laryngeal obstruction (EILO) in children and young adults: From referral to diagnosis. The Laryngoscope (2019 Sept) doi:10.1002/lary.28276.
- Sayad E, Coleman RD, Silva-Carmona MD. Diagnosis and treatment of cryptogenic organizing pneumonia in a child on ECMO. Letter. Pediatric Pulmonology (2019 Aug) 5(1): doi.org/10.1002/ppul.24502
- Sayad E, Cardenas S. Organizing pneumonia in a pediatric patient on minocycline: A potential culprit. Pediatric Pulmonology (2019 Jun) 54(6)667-668). doi:10.1002/ppul.24283.
View Dr. Sayad’s publications on Pubmed (search terms: Sayad Edouard, Sayad E).
Professional and Research Interests
- General Pediatrics
- Pediatric lung diseases
- Pediatric respiratory problems
Education and Training
- B.S. degree in Biology, American University of Beirut, Beirut, Lebanon, 2009
- M.D. degree, LAU Gilbert and Rose-Marie Chagoury School of Medicine, Byblos, Lebanon, 2013
- Internship in Pediatrics, Lebanese American University Medical Center- Rizk Hospital, Beirut, Lebanon, 2014
- Residency in Pediatrics, Cleveland Clinic Children’s Hospital, Cleveland, Ohio, USA, 2017
- Pediatric Pulmonary Fellowship, Baylor College of Medicine/Texas Children’s Hospital, Houston, Texas, USA, 2020
- Certification, American Board of Pediatrics
Professional Organizations and Memberships
- Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics (FAAP)
- Member of the American Medical Association (AMA)
- Member of the American Thoracic Society (ATS)