Gerard Wakim, MD
Clinical Assistant Professor
Division of General Pediatrics
Acting Chair, Department of Pediatrics
The follow-up of a child is, for me, the most wonderful aspect of applied medicine and humanity. I dedicated all my life to ensuring that children, the adults of tomorrow, would have a well balanced and responsible future. Clinical pediatrics gave me the opportunity to achieve such a goal.
- Wakim G. Self-healing juvenile cutaneous mucinosis: A case report in the Middle East. American Journal of Case Reports (2019) 20:65—69.
- Hariri E, Demachkieh R, Naja A, Hachem A, Wakim G. Macrophage Activation Syndrome in a patient with systemic-onset Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis initially treated for atypical Kawasaki Disease: A case-based review. Lebanese Medical Journal (2018) 66:1:49-53.
- Wakim G, Youssef N, Khamash D, Nicolas G. Myalgias and facial edema: Atypical presentation of Henoch-Sch̦nlein Purpura in an 8-year-old girl. Medical Science Case Reports (2017) 4:90-94. DOI: 10.12659/MSCR.905877.
- Mumtaz G, Tamim H, Kanaan M, Khawaja M, Khogali M, Wakim G, Yunis KA. Effect of consanguinity on birth weight for gestational age in a developing country. American Journal of Epidemiology (2007 Apr) 165 (7):742-752.
- Wakim G. Utilisation d’une solution d’acides amin̩ en nutrition parent̩rale exclusive, La revue de P̩diatrie (1984).
Professional and Research Interests
Education and Training
- Docteur en Medecine, St. Joseph University (USJ), Facult̩ Francaise de Medecine, Beirut, Lebanon
- CES Fran̤ais de Pediatrie, Universit̩ Paris-Descartes (Paris V), France
- Assistant de l’Academie de Paris
- Responsable des Urgences Pediatriques, Ambroise Par̩, France
- Reanimation Pediatrique Hopital St. Vincent de Paul, Paris
- Reanimation Chirurgicale Pediatrique, Hopital St. Vincent de Paul, Paris
Professional Memberships and Organizations
- Member of ADRRCP (Association pour le developement et la recherche en reanimation chirurgicale)
- Member of Lebanese Pediatric Society
- Founder of the Saint Sauveur Dispensary, Lebanon