Gerard Wakim, MD
Clinical Assistant Professor
Division of General Pediatrics
Acting Chair, Department of Pediatrics
The follow-up of a child is, for me, the most wonderful aspect of applied medicine and humanity. I dedicated all my life to ensuring that children, the adults of tomorrow, would have a well balanced and responsible future. Clinical pediatrics gave me the opportunity to achieve such a goal.
- Wakim G. Self-healing juvenile cutaneous mucinosis: A case report in the Middle East. American Journal of Case Reports (2019) 20:65—69.
- Hariri E, Demachkieh R, Naja A, Hachem A, Wakim G. Macrophage Activation Syndrome in a patient with systemic-onset Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis initially treated for atypical Kawasaki Disease: A case-based review. Lebanese Medical Journal (2018) 66:1:49-53.
- Wakim G, Youssef N, Khamash D, Nicolas G. Myalgias and facial edema: Atypical presentation of Henoch-Sch̦nlein Purpura in an 8-year-old girl. Medical Science Case Reports (2017) 4:90-94. DOI: 10.12659/MSCR.905877.
- Mumtaz G, Tamim H, Kanaan M, Khawaja M, Khogali M, Wakim G, Yunis KA. Effect of consanguinity on birth weight for gestational age in a developing country. American Journal of Epidemiology (2007 Apr) 165 (7):742-752.
- Wakim G. Utilisation d’une solution d’acides amin̩ en nutrition parent̩rale exclusive, La revue de P̩diatrie (1984).
View Dr. Wakim’s publications on Pubmed (search term Wakim G, Wakim Gerard).
Professional and Research Interests
Education and Training
- Docteur en Medecine, St. Joseph University (USJ), Facult̩ Francaise de Medecine, Beirut, Lebanon
- CES Fran̤ais de Pediatrie, Universit̩ Paris-Descartes (Paris V), France
- Assistant de l’Academie de Paris
- Responsable des Urgences Pediatriques, Ambroise Par̩, France
- Reanimation Pediatrique Hopital St. Vincent de Paul, Paris
- Reanimation Chirurgicale Pediatrique, Hopital St. Vincent de Paul, Paris
Professional Memberships and Organizations
- Member of ADRRCP (Association pour le developement et la recherche en reanimation chirurgicale)
- Member of Lebanese Pediatric Society
- Founder of the Saint Sauveur Dispensary, Lebanon