Hala Kilani, MD
Clinical Assistant Professor
Division of Nephrology
Division Head, Nephrology
Dr. Hala Kilani is Clinical Assistant Professor at the LAU Gilbert and Rose-Marie Chagoury School of Medicine, and a practicing nephrologist in the Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Nephrology, at the LAU Medical Center-Rizk Hospital. She has special interests in kidney transplantation and in all aspects of nephrology, including chronic kidney disease, its complications, and its therapeutic modalities. Her areas of expertise include hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis, electrolyte disturbances, glomerular diseases, and acute kidney injury.
Dr. Kilani has been a member of the school of medicine faculty since 2014. She held the appointment of Director of the Residency Program in Internal Medicine for the academic year 2017-2018.
Dr. Kilani believes strongly that physicians have an essential role in society, especially in the area of patient education, as awareness is key to disease prevention.
- Barbari AG, Masri MA, Stephan AG, Mourad N, El-Ghoul B, Kamel GS, Kilani HE, Karam AS. Cyclosporine lymphocyte maximum level: A new alternative for cyclosporine monitoring in kidney transplantation: Exp Clin Transplant, 2006 Jun; 4(1): 400-5
- Mansour AG, Hariri E, Daaboul Y, Korjian S, El Alam A, Protegerou AD, Kilany H, Karam A, Stephan A, Bahous SA. Vitamin K2 supplementation and arterial stiffness among renal transplant recipients-a single-arm, single-center clinical trial. J Am Soc Hypertens, 2017 Sep;11(9): 589-597
Professional and Research Interests
- Kidney transplantation
- Chronic kidney disease and treatment modalities: hemodialysis, peritoneal dialysis
- Glomerular diseases
- Clinical nephrology
Education and Training
- B.S. in biology, American University of Beirut, Lebanon
- M.D. degree, Lebanese University
- Fellowship in Nephrology, Lebanese University
- Fellowship in Nephrology, Universite Claude-Bernard, Lyon, France
Professional Memberships and Organizations
- Lebanese Society of Nephrology