Hanane Ziadeh, MD
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Dr. Hanane Ziadeh is a full-time faculty physician at the LAU Gilbert and Rose-Marie Chagoury School of Medicine, in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology. She holds the appointment of Clinical Instructor, and her practice is based at LAU Medical Center-Rizk Hospital and LAU Medical Center-St. John’s Hospital.
She obtained her M.D. degree from Holy Spirit University of Kaslik (USEK) in 2015 and holds double specialty diplomas in Obstetrics and Gynecology from Paris Sud University – France and USEK- Lebanon in 2020.
Dr. Ziadeh completed her clinical training at a number of medical Centers in France : at Centre Hospitalier de Bourg en Bresse , Centre Hospitalier de Versailles and Centre Hospitalier d’Antibes where she specialized in endometriosis and minimally-invasive surgical procedures, in surgery for both breast cancer and benign diseases of the breast. She has expertise in the management of both low-risk and high-risk pregnancies.
She pursued additional training in France, completing a fellowship in Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology at Hôpitaux Pédiatriques Nice CHU-Lenval, and received her diploma from the University of Nice.
As part of her graduate training, Dr. Ziadeh completed several university diplomas related to her specialty: in advanced Obstetrical Ultrasound from the University of Paris, in Breast Pathology and Surgery from the University of Versailles and Insitut Curie; and in Colposcopy and Cervico-vaginal Pathology from the University of Sorbonne; additionally she did specific training in this subspecialty at l’Hôpital Universitaire Pitié Salpêtrière with the President of the French Society of Colposcopy Prof . Jean louis Mergui .
Moreover, she has a serious interest in scholarly research and publication. She has published several articles on a variety of clinical topics. She is a member of the editorial board of the scientific journal World Journal of Surgery and Surgical Research, which is an international, peer-reviewed, open-access “mega journal”. Additionally, she has been a speaker at multiple national and international congresses.
Dr. Ziadeh strives always to provide evidence-based medicine and to achieve the best possible clinical outcomes for her patients.
- Ziadeh H, Duforestel T, Bouredji K, Re D, Debono L, Zreik T, Moufawad G, Ghaname W. The evolution of mature cystic teratomas of the ovary into squamous cell carcinoma: two case reports and review of the literature. J Obstet Gynaecol. 2022 Feb 28:1-4. doi: 10.1080/01443615.2022.2035333. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 35225134.
- Ziadeh H, Panel P, Letohic A, Canis M, Amari S, Gauthier T, Niro J. Resection of deep-infiltrating endometriosis could be a risk factor for uterine rupture: a case series with review of the literature. F&S Rep. (2020 Sep) 1(3):213-218. doi: 10.1016/j.xfre.2020.09.005. PMID: 34223247; PMCID: PMC8244271.
- Ziadeh H, Thoumy A, Barakat E, Barakat S (2018) Granular cell tumor (Abrikossoff ‘tumor) mimicking a breast cancer: Case report. Int J Open Access Clin Trials 2(1):1-3.
- Ziadeh H, Clerc J, Brieux D, Van-Nieuwenhuyse A, Lambert JR. Pseudomyxoma peritonei with metastatic ovarian tumor in a 28-years-old patient: A case Report with review of the literature. World J Surg Surgical Res. (2018 Sept) 1:1055.
- Ziadeh H, Ziade G, Barakat H, Khoueiry P, Matta C. Is there a correlation between excessive recurrence of endometriosis and Factor V deficiency? A case report. Clinics in Surgery. (2016 Sept) 1:1127.
Professional and Research Interests
- Pediatric and adolescent gynecology
- Minimally-invasive surgery
- Low- and high-risk pregnancy
- Benign and malignant breast tumors
- Research, publishing, and teaching
Education and Training
- Bachelor in Life Sciences, Holy Spirit University of Kaslik , Kaslik - Lebanon, 2010.
- Doctor of General Medicine, Holy Spirit University of Kaslik, Kaslik - Lebanon, 2015.
- Degree in Specialized studies in Obstetrics and Gynecology, Paris Sud University- France, 2020.
- Degree in Specialized studies in Obstetrics and Gynecology, Holy Spirit University of Kaslik, Kaslik - Lebanon, 2020.
- Diploma in Obstetric and Gynecologic Ultrasound, Paris Descartes University, France 2019
- Diploma in Breast Pathology and Surgery, Versailles University and Institut Curie, France, 2020
- Diploma in Colposcopy and Cervico-vaginal Pathology, Sorbonne University, France 2021
- Diploma in Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology, Nice University, France, 2022
- Diploma in infectious pathologies of the pregnant woman, the fetus and the newborn, Paris Saclay University, France, in progress.
- Certificate in Scientific Research program in collaboration with Georges Washington University School of Medicine, In progress.
Professional Organizations, Memberships, Affiliations, and/or Honors:
- Member, CNGOF-French National College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- Member, French Order of Physicians
- Member, Editorial Board of scientific journal World Journal of Surgery and Surgical Research, 2017- present