Ibrahim Saikali, MD
Clinical Assistant Professor
Division of Neurosurgery
Program Director, Residency in Neurosurgery
Division Head of Neurosurgery
Dr. Saikali is a neurosurgeon who has a particular interest in the surgical management of complex neurovascular and skull base lesions (such as aneurysms, arteriovenous malformations, intracranial tumors including pituitary adenomas and vestibular schwannomas). He also has a fervent interest in neuroendoscopy (skull base and intraventricular), and computer-assisted surgery. His practice targets both the adult and the pediatric patient populations (treatment of pediatric brain tumors and congenital malformations, surgery for craniosynostosis).
After graduating with distinction from the American University of Beirut Faculty of Medicine in 1992, Dr. Saikali did his surgical internship at Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit (Michigan, U.S.A.) followed by a fellowship in vascular neurosurgery at Harvard Medical School (Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, U.S.A.). He completed his neurosurgical residency training at the University of Montreal (Canada) and passed the American Board of Neurosurgery written examination (99th percentile) and the Royal College of Surgeons of Canada Examinations and Certifications. Dr. Saikali is the current Head of the Neurosurgery Division and the Director of the Neurosurgery Residency Program at the LAU Gilbert and Rose-Marie Chagoury School of Medicine and LAU Medical Center-Rizk Hospital.
- Kamar FG, Kairouz V, Nasser SM, Faddoul SG, SaikaliIC: Atypical choroid plexus papilloma treated with single agent bevacizumab. Rare Tumors (2014) 6:4687-14
- Abi Chedid G, Slaba S, Saikali I, Ghostine S, Haddad A, Faddoul S. Endovascular occlusion of a ruptured cerebral aneurysm using gadodiamide-enhanced angiography. J Neurosurg (2002 Jul) 97:229
- Mansour S, Dufour JJ, Bojanowski M, Saikali I, Bonneau R, Roy D. Tumeur du sac endolymphatique une pathologie à reconnaître. Journal Francais ORL (1999) 48(4):247-251
Browse Dr. Saikali’s YouTube channel.
Professional and Research Interests
- Neurovascular surgery (aneurysms, arteriovenous malformations)
- Skull base surgery
- Endoscopic surgery
- Pediatric neurosurgery
Education and Training
- Secondary school, Notre-Dame de Jamhour, 1985
- Undergraduate education, Bachelor of Science degree with High Distinction, American University of Beirut, Lebanon, 1988
- Medical School, M.D. degree with Distinction, American University of Beirut, 1992
- General Surgery Internship, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, Michigan, U.S.A., 1993
- Neurosurgery Residency, University of Montreal, Quebec, Canada, 1998
- Neurovascular Fellowship, Harvard Medical School/Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, U.S.A.
Professional Memberships and Organizations
- Active Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada