Laure Irani, MD
Division of Rheumatology
Acting Division Head, Rheumatology
Dr. Laure Irani is the Acting Division Head of Rheumatology at LAU Medical Center-Rizk Hospital. She completed her M.D. degree at the Lebanese University School of Medicine in 1989. Dr. Irani then pursued a four-year residency training program in Bichat and Cochin (René Descartes University) Hospitals. She further pursued a university degree in immunology, which she received in 1992. Dr. Irani has expertise in clinical densitometry, and she is involved in academic teaching at LAU’s School of Medicine. She also serves as a consultant in rheumatology for a number of local hospitals.
- Ziade, N. Abi Karam, G. Merheb, G. Mallak, I. Irani, L. Baraliakos, X. HLA-B27 Prevalence in axial spondyloarthritis and in the general population in Lebanon: Results from a nationwide study. Int J Rheum Dis. 2019 Apr;22(4):708-714. doi:10.1111/1756-185X.13487
View Dr. Iran’s publications on PubMed.
Professional and Research Interests
- Adult rheumatology
- Clinical densitometry
- M.D. degree, Lebanese University School of Medicine, Beirut, Lebanon, 1988
- Residency in Internal Medicine, Lebanese University School of Medicine, Beirut, Lebanon, 1989
- Residency in Rheumatology, Bichat Hospital, Paris, 1990
- Residency in Rheumatology, Cochin Hospital, Paris, 1990 — 1993
Professional Organizations and Memberships
- Lebanese Society of Rheumatology
- French Society of Rheumatology