Marie-Louise Coussa-Koniski, MD
Clinical Associate Professor
Division of Critical Care Medicine
Division of Pulmonary Diseases
Head, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine
- Advocate for lowering the prices of medications for severe and rare pulmonary diseases such as cystic fibrosis, pulmonary hypertension, and severe asthma, in order to make treatments more accessible.
- Recognition of the role and achievements of women in medicine.
- Coussa-Koniski ML, Maalouf P, Raad N. Scrotal wall metastasis of a primary lung adenocarcinoma. Respiratory Medicine Case Reports. (2015) 15:77-79.
- Koniski ML, Salhi H, Lahlou A, Rashid N, El-Hasnaoui A. Distribution of body mass index among subjects with COPD in the Middle East and North Africa region: Data from the BREATHE Study. International Journal of COPD (2015) 10:1685-1694.
- Mrad-Nakhle M, Farah W, Ziade N; Abboud M, Gerard J, Zaarour R, Saliba M, Dabar G, Abdel Massih T, Zoghbi A, Coussa-Koniski M-L, Annesi-Maesano I. Analysis of the quality of data issued from Beirut’s hospitals in order to measure short-term health effects of air pollution. Revue d’épidémiologie et de santé Publique (2013) 61(6):551-558.
- Member of the steering committee, BREATHE study: Epidemiology, Management and Burden of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease in the Middle-East and North Africa. Only author for Lebanon of this international study; eight articles published in Respiratory Medicine: Vol 106, suppl 2, December 2012.
- Member of the steering committee for the White Book on COPD in the MENA Region,2013.
Professional and Research Interests
- Respiratory and Sleep Disorders
- Sleep Center for Evaluation of Sleep Pathology
- Treatment of: Severe Asthma and COPD, Pulmonary Fibrosis ad Interstitial Lung Diseases, Lung Cancer, Lung Infections
- Pulmonary Function and Physiology
Education and Training
- Lebanese and French Baccalaureat: Baccalaureat Mathematics track, International College (IC), Beirut, Lebanon. 1969
- M.D. Degree. French School of Medicine, St Joseph University, Beirut, Lebanon, List of Honor, 1976
- CES Pneumology, Paris V René Descartes University, Paris, France, 1980
- Clinical Research Fellowship in Pulmonary and Critical Care, McGill University, Meakins Christie Laboratories, Montreal, Canada, 1990-1992
- Quebec and Ontario Medical License, 1992-1994
- License of the Medical Council of Canada, 1994
- Diplôme Interuniversitaire (DIU), Le Sommeil et sa Pathologie, University Paris XI, Paris, France, 2008
Professional Memberships and Organizations
- Fellow of the American College of Chest Physicians
- Fellow of the Meakins-Christie Laboratories, McGill University, Montréal, Canada
- Member of the Collège des Médecins du Québec
- Member of the European Respiratory Society
- Member of the Société de Pneumologie de Langue Française
- Member of the Lebanese Pulmonary Society