Michel Samaha, MD
Clinical Assistant Professor
Clerkship Director in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Dr. Michel Samaha is Clinical Assistant Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the LAU Gilbert and Rose-Marie Chagoury School of Medicine, as well as Clerkship Director for the Obstetrics and Gynecology program.
At the LAU Medical Center - Rizk Hospital, Dr. Samaha’s clinical work focuses on obstetrics, infertility and gynecologic conditions. He has extensive experience in open as well as laparoscopic and other minimally invasive surgical procedures for the management of gynecological pathology, including infertility and urinary incontinence.
Dr. Samaha earned his medical degree from the American University of Beirut School of Medicine. He completed a residency in obstetrics and gynecology at the American University of Beirut Medical Center and a fellowship in gynecologic pathology at the Johns Hopkins University Hospital.
Samaha M, Woodruff J D. Paratubal cysts: Frequency, histogenesis, and associated clinical features. Obstetrics & Gynecology 1985; 65:691—694
View Dr. Samaha’s publications on PubMed.
Professional and Research Interests
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Reproductive Gynecology
- Gynecologic Pathology
Education and Training
- Bachelor of Science, American University of Beirut, Lebanon
- M.D. degree, American University of Beirut
- Residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology, American University of Beirut
- Fellowship in Gynecologic Pathology, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland, U.S.A.
- Certification, U.S. National Board I and II
- Certification by ECFMG
- Certification, FLEX (Federation Licensing Examination), New York
Professional Memberships and Organizations
- International Society of Gynecological Endocrinology (ISGE)
- Lebanese Society of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Lebanese Fertility Society