Nancy Maalouf, MD
Clinical Assistant Professor
Department of Neurology
- Yaghi S, Maalouf N, Keyrouz SG. Cervical artery dissection: Risk factors, treatment, and outcome; A 5 year experience from a tertiary care center. Int J Neurosci.. 2012 Jan; 122(1):40-4.
- Maalouf N, Harik SI. Clinical reasoning: A 33-year-old woman with severe postpartum occipital headaches. Neurology. 2012 Jan 31;78(5):366-9.
- Maalouf N, Keyrouz SG. Early appearance of DWI hyperintensities in aphasic status epilepticus. The Neuroradiology Journal. 2012 Jan 2: 17-20
- Maalouf N, Hinduja A, Shihabuddin B. Primary antiphospholipid syndrome manifesting as partial status epilepticus. Neurosciences. 2013 Apr;18(2):160-2.
- El Youssef N, Maalouf N, Mourad A, Saade J, Khoury M. Teaching neuroimages: Retinal migraine in action. Neurology. 2018;90(11):e992.
- El Youssef N, Khoury M, Saade J, Mourad A, Maalouf N. Homonymous hemianopia as presenting symptom of multiple sclerosis. ACNR. 2018; 18(2):28-29.
Professional and Research Interests
- Movement Disorders (Parkinson’s disease, Tremor, Dystonia)
Education and Training
- Premedical education Years I and II, St. Joseph University Faculty of Medicine, Beirut, Lebanon, 2000-2002
- Premedical education Year III, and MD degree, Lebanese University Faculty of Medicine, Beirut, Lebanon, 2002-2007
- Certificate in Genetics, St. Joseph University Faculty of Medicine, 2002
- Internship in Internal Medicine PGY 1, Rizk Hospital and Rafic Hariri University Hospital, Beirut, Lebanon, 2007-2008
- Residency in Neurology, PGY 1 Preliminary Internal Medicine Year, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences Hospital, Little Rock, Arkansas, U.S.A., 2008-2009
- Residency in Neurology, PGY 2, 3, 4, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences Hospital, 2009-2012
- Intermediate Training, LEADER’S EDGE® Intermediate BOTOX® Injection Training with Cervical Dystonia Patients, with Dr. T. Bertorini, 2011
- Advanced Patient Management Training, Medtronic Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS) Therapy, 2012
- Advanced Training, Second Regional Expert Meeting for Therapeutic Botox, Dubai, UAE, 2017
- Certification, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (ABPN), 2012
Professional Organizations and Memberships
- American Academy of Neurology, 2009-present
- Lebanese Society of Neurology, 2012-present
- The Jess R. Nichols, Jr., M.D. Outstanding Neurology Resident Award, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, 2011