Rima Nasser, MD
Clinical Assistant Professor
Department of Orthopedic Surgery and Trauma
Dr Rima Nasser is an American Board-certified orthopedic surgeon who graduated from Duke University Medical School and did her training in orthopedic surgery at the University of Illinois in Chicago. She has also completed two postgraduate fellowships, one in adult reconstruction (hip and knee replacement) and one in hip arthroscopy. She was in practice for several years in the U.S.A. before returning to Lebanon and is currently Clinical Assistant Professor at the LAU Gilbert and Rose-Marie Chagoury School of Medicine.
Dr. Nasser believes that doctors should treat their patients as they would want their own family and loved ones to be treated.
- Nasser R, Domb B. Hip arthroscopy for femoroacetabular impingement. EFORT Open Rev. (2018) Apr 26;3(4):121-129.
- Redmond JM, Gupta A, Nasser R, Domb BG. The hip-spine connection: understanding its importance in the treatment of hip pathology. Orthopedics (2015) Jan;38(1):49-55
- Domb B, Nasser RM, Botser I. Partial thickness tears of the gluteus medius: Rationale and technique for Trans-Tendinous Endoscopic Repair. Arthroscopy(2010) 26(12):1697-705
- Nasser RM, Hutchinson M. Compressive neuropathies in athletes: Diagnosis and treatment options Am J Med Sports(2004) 6;2:58-69
- Hutchinson M, Nasser RM. Common sports injuries in children and adolescents. Medscape Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine, 2000; 4(4)
View Dr. Nasser’s publications on PubMed.
Professional and Research Interests
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Adult reconstruction of the hip and knee
- Athletic hip injuries
Education and Training
- B.A. in Biology, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland, U.S.A. 1992
- M.D. Degree, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina, U.S.A., 1996
- Residency in Orthopedic Surgery, University of Illinois, Chicago, Illinois, U.S.A., 2001
- Fellowship in Adult Reconstruction, Illinois Bone and Joint Institute, Chicago, 2002
- Fellowship in Hip Arthroscopy, Loyola University, Chicago,2010
Professional Memberships and Organizations
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- Lebanese Orthopaedic Society
- American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons 2016
- Phi Beta Kappa 1992