Robert Fakhoury, MD
Division of Cardiology
Chief of Section, Cardiology
Dr. Robert Fakhoury is a general and interventional cardiologist who graduated from the Lebanese University School of Medicine in 2004, and obtained a Diploma in Interventional Cardiology from Rene Descartes University Paris V–France in 2007.
He has previously held appointments at the Clinique du Levant, Arz Hospital, Middle East Institute of Health, and Notre Dame de Secours Hospital. Additionally he developed the Cardiac Catheteriation Laboratory at the Military Hospital in Badaro-Beirut in collaboration with their cardiac team, and provided services there for five years.
Dr. Fakhoury joined LAU Medical Center-Rizk Hospital in 2007 as part-time faculty in the Division of Cardiology. In 2021, he became a member of the full-time faculty of the School of Medicine and was appointed Chief of Section in Cardiology at LAU Medical Center-St. John’s Hospital.
Professional and Research Interests
- Clinical Cardiology
- Medical Education
Education and Training
- MD Degree Lebanese University SOM Beirut Lebanon 1998
- Internal Medicine Lebanese University SOB Beirut 2001
- Cardiology Lebanese University Beirut 2004
- Interventional Cardiology Rene Descartes Paris V – France 2007
- Executive MBA Healthcare Management – ESA Business School Lebanon 2019
Master in Public Health EHESP Paris VII – France 2019
Professional Organizations, Memberships, Affiliations, and/or Honors:
- European Society of Cardiology 2008
Lebanese Society of Cardiology 2008