Wael Salame, MD
Clinical Assistant Professor
Department of Internal Medicine
Division of of Psychiatry
- Obeid S, Haddad C, Saleme W, Kheir N, Hallit S. Xenophobic attitudes, behaviors and coping strategies among Lebanese people toward immigrants and refugees. Perspectives In Psychiatric Care (2019 Jul) 55(4). doi: https://doi.org/10.1111/ppc.12415
- Aboujaoude E, Salame W. Technology at the Service of Pediatric Mental Health: Review and Assessment. J Pediatr. (2016 Apr) 171:20-4. doi: 10.1016/j.jpeds.2015.12.009. Epub 2015 Dec 30.
- Aboujaoude E, Savage MW, Starcevic V, Salame W. Cyberbullying: Review of an Old Problem Gone Viral. J Adolesc Health. (2015 Jul) 57(1):10-8. doi: 10.1016/j.jadohealth.2015.04.011.
- Aboujaoude E, Salame W., Naim L. Telemental health: A status update. World Psychiatry. (2015 Jun) 14(2):223-30. doi: 10.1002/wps.20218.
- Yazbeck-Karam Abi-Raad V, Salame W, Alinier G. The one-room schoolhouse for simulation. Chapter 41 in Clinical Simulation: Operations, Engineering and Management, second edition. Academic Press (2019): 613-621.
Professional and Research Interests
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Adolescent psychiatry
- Impulse Control Disorders
- Interventional (non-invasive) Psychiatry
- Simulation-based medical education (SBME)
Education and Training
- B.S. in Biology, American University of Beirut, Lebanon, 2008
- Teaching Diploma (TD) in Secondary Sciences, American University of Beirut, 2008
- M.D. Degree, LAU Gilbert and Rose-Marie Chagoury School of Medicine, 2013
- Clinical Simulation Diploma, LAU Gilbert and Rose-Marie Chagoury School of Medicine, 2017
- Residency in Psychiatry, LAU Gilbert and Rose-Marie Chagoury School of Medicine, 2018
Professional Organizations and Memberships
- European Psychiatric Association (EPA)- International Member since 2018
- European Council of Neuropsychopharmacology (ECNP) – International Member since 2018