Yara Al Jalbout, MD
Program Director, Residency in Anesthesiology
Dr. Yara Al Jalbout is a polyvalent American Board-Certified anesthesiologist with special interest in Obstetric and Regional Anesthesiology.
She received her medical degree from the American University of Beirut in 2008, followed by one year of internal medicine training at the same institution. Afterwards, she joined the New York Presbyterian Hospital, Weill Cornell Medical Center in New York, U.S.A. for a four-year residency in Anesthesiology where she served as chief resident during her final year of training, and received two separate awards for excellence. She then returned to Beirut and joined the LAU Gilbert and Rose-Marie Chagoury School of Medicine in 2014.
Since then Dr. Jalbout served for three years as a member of the LAU Interprofessional Education Working Group and has also served on the medical school’s Board of Admissions.
Dr. Al Jalbout has a particular interest in medical education and is currently the Anesthesiology Residency Program Director at the LAU Medical Center-Rizk Hospital.
Professional and Research Interests
- Regional and Obstetric Anesthesia
- Anesthesiology for Early Recovery after Surgery (ERAS)
- Graduate Medical Education
Education and Training
- B.S. in Biology, American University of Beirut, Beirut, Lebanon, 2001-2004
- M.D. Degree, AUB Faculty of Medicine, 2004-2008
- PGY-I Preliminary Year in Internal Medicine, AUB Medical Center, Beirut, Lebanon, 2008-2009
- Residency in Anesthesiology, New York Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Cornell Medical Center, New York, U.S.A ., 2009-2013
- Certification, American Board of Anesthesiology, 2014
- Diploma in Simulation for Medical Education, Lebanese American University, 2017
Professional Memberships and Organizations
- AΏA honor society, chapter of the American University of Beirut
- American Society of Anesthesiologists
- Lebanese Society of Anesthesiologists