Post-Doctoral Research Fellowship
Requirements for Admission
Applications should be submitted for the 2023-2024 academic year. Candidates for the Post-Doc Research Fellowship may apply online.
The following documents should be uploaded with the online application:
- Recent passport photo (mandatory)
- Copy of valid ID or passport (mandatory)
- Proof of legal status in Lebanon (mandatory for non-Lebanese candidates)
- Certified Copy Transcripts of undergraduate and graduate degrees (mandatory)
- Certified Copy of MD degree or a letter of enrollment from your Dean (mandatory)
- Medical Student Performance Evaluation letter or letter from the Dean showing grades/rank (mandatory)
- Qualifying English exam certificate (mandatory for graduates of non-American schools; see below)
- USMLE certificates (if available)
- International Foundations of Medicine Basic Science Examination certificate – IFOM BSE (if available)
- USMLE Step 2 or IFOM CSE scores (if available)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) (mandatory)
- Personal Statement (mandatory)
- Three letters of recommendation (mandatory)
- Proof of payment of the application fee (see below)
- Criminal Background Check (Sejel Adle) (mandatory)
Required Proof of Proficiency
For graduates of non-American schools, score reports of an approved English-language proficiency examination should be submitted.
Qualifying examinations and minimum qualifying scores include any of the following:
- Internet-based TOEFL (IBT) with a minimum score of 90. The Institutional TOEFL is not accepted.
- English Entrance Examination administered at LAU with a minimum score of 123.
- International English Language Testing System IELTS with a minimum score of 7.0
- Duo Lingo (minimum score of 115)
- Occupational English Test (OET) with a minimum averaged score of 350
Application Submission Procedure
The application may be submitted online only.
Following online submission, candidates must submit official copies of the diploma and transcript and the receipt of application payment to the office of Research located in the Sarraf Building Level 2, near the LAU Medical Center-Rizk Hospital in Achrafieh, Beirut. You can pass by from Monday to Friday between 8:30 am and 3:00 pm. Note that the office of Research will be CLOSED from December 24, 2022 - January 8, 2023 (inclusive) for the Christmas and New Year’s holiday. The online applications will still be open during this period.
Note that any application document written in a language other than English must be accompanied by an acceptable original English translation performed by a qualified translator and certified by an appropriate authority.
The fee for the Post-Doctoral Research Fellowship application is 75 USD, and is payable through the cashier at LAU Medical Center-Rizk Hospital. Following payment, the completed, signed, and stamped receipt should be uploaded with the online application.
|Accept Post-Doctoral Research applications||December 12, 2022|
|IFOM & TOEFL exam results to be submitted||February 28, 2023|
|Deadline for Post Doc application submission||January 31, 2023|
|Call for interviews||March 1- March 21, 2023|
|Interviews conducted||March 10 - March 31, 2023|
|Letters of acceptance or waiting list||April 10 - April 28, 2023|
|Late acceptance (in case of withdrawal of an accepted candidate)||May 2023|
|Orientation/training course week||June 5-9, 2023|
|Post Doc Research Fellowship start date||June 12, 2023|
Research Unit Administrator
Telephone: +961 1 200800, ext. 2566
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com