Post-Doctoral Research Fellowship
Requirements for Admission
Applications should be submitted for the 2021-2022 academic year. Candidates for the Post-Doc Research Fellowship may apply online.
The following documents should be uploaded with the online application:
- Recent passport photo (mandatory)
- Copy of valid ID or passport (mandatory)
- Proof of legal status in Lebanon (mandatory for non-Lebanese candidates)
- Transcripts of undergraduate and graduate degrees (mandatory)
- Copy of MD/PhD degree or a letter of enrollment from your Dean (mandatory)
- Medical Student Performance Evaluation letter or letter from the Dean showing grades/rank (mandatory)
- Qualifying English exam certificate (mandatory for graduates of non-American schools; see below)
- USMLE certificates (where applicable)
- International Foundations of Medicine Basic Science Examination certificate – IFOM BSE (where applicable)
- USMLE Step 2 or IFOM CSE scores (mandatory; see below)
- CV (mandatory)
- Personal Statement (mandatory)
- Three letters of recommendation (mandatory)
- Proof of payment of the application fee (see below)
- Criminal Background Check (sejel adle) (mandatory)
All applicants must submit score reports of the following:
- USMLE Step 2 Clinical Knowledge, or its equivalent, the International Foundations of Medicine Clinical Science Examination (IFOM CSE).
Required Proof of Proficiency in English
For graduates of non-American schools, score reports of an approved English-language proficiency examination should be submitted.
Qualifying examinations and minimum qualifying scores include any of the following:
- English Entrance Examination administered at LAU (minimum score of 550)
- International TOEFL (score of 233 or 90 on CBT or IBT respectively)
- International English Language Testing System IELTS (score of 7.0)
Application Submission Procedure
The application may be submitted online only, and no hard copy is required.
Note that any application document written in a language other than English must be accompanied by an acceptable original English translation performed by a qualified translator and certified by an appropriate authority.
The fee for the Post-Doctoral Research Fellowship application is 300,000 LL or 200 USD, and is payable through the cashier at LAU Medical Center-Rizk Hospital. Following payment, the completed, signed, and stamped receipt should be uploaded with the online application.
|Accept Post-Doctoral Research applications||As of January 15, 2021|
|IFOM & TOEFL exam results to be submitted||February 8, 2021|
|Deadline for Post Doc application submission||February 15, 2021|
|Call for interviews||February 22- March 26, 2021|
|Interviews conducted||March 8 - March 31, 2021|
|Letters of acceptance, rejection or waiting list||April 15 - April 30, 2021|
|Late acceptance (in case of withdrawal of an accepted candidate)||May 2021|
|Contracts offered||June 7, 2021|
|Orientation/training course week||June 1-5, 2021|
|Post Doc Research Fellowship start date||June 7, 2021|