Krystel Malek Saade, MD
Department of Anesthesiology
Dr. Krystel Malek is a pediatric anesthesiologist at the LAU Medical Center-Rizk Hospital. She graduated from Saint Joseph University - Faculty of Medicine in 2009 and subsequently completed in 2013 a residency in Anesthesiology at the American University of Beirut where she served as a chief resident during her final year of training. She then pursued a fellowship in Pediatric Anesthesiology at the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, Texas.
Dr. Malek joined the LAU Gilbert and Rose-Marie Chagoury School of Medicine in 2015. She has a special interest in the pediatric and neonatal airway, as well as anesthesia for children with neurodevelopmental challenges. Dr. Malek is also involved in conducting pediatric and neonatal airway simulation courses at the LAU Clinical Simulation Center.
Professional and Research Interests
- Pediatric Anesthesia
- Neonatal Anesthesia
- Pediatric and Neonatal Airway
Education and Training
- M.D. degree, Faculty of Medicine, Saint Joseph University, Beirut, Lebanon 2009
- Residency in Anesthesiology, American University of Beirut Medical Center, 2013
- Fellowship in Pediatric Anesthesia, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, Medical School, Memorial Hermann Hospital, Houston, Texas, U.S.A. 2014
- Diploma in Regional Anesthesiology, Lebanese University in cooperation with Centre Hospitalier Universite de Rennes, France, 2017- 2019
Professional Organizations and Memberships
- Lebanese Society of Anaesthesiology