Mariana Helou, MD
Clinical Assistant Professor
Division of Emergency Medicine
Acting Division Head of Emergency Medicine
Clerkship Director in Emergency Medicine
- El Hajj C, Chardigny JM, Boirie Y, Yammine K, Helou M, Walrand S. Effect of vitamin D treatment on glucose homeostasis and metabolism in Lebanese older adults: A randomized controlled trial.J Nutr Health Aging (2018 Aug) 4:1-5
- Platt DE, Hariri E, Salameh P, Helou M, Sabbah N, Merhi M, Chammas E, Ammar W, Abchee AB, Zalloua PA. Association of waterpipe smoking with myocardial infarction and determinants of metabolic syndrome among catheterized patients. Inhal Toxicol (2017 Oct) 24:1-6.
- Helou M, Sakr R, Tanios A. Health status of Lebanese university students. Int J Community Med Public Health (2017) 4:2554-7.
- Helou MC, Adib SM. Primary health problems in rural school children in Lebanon. Int J Community Med Public Health (2017) 4:1442-4.
- Platt D, Hariri E, Salameh P, Merhi M, Sabbah N, Helou M, Mouzaya F, Nemr R, Al Sarraj Y, El Shanti H, Abchee A, Zalloua P. Type II diabetes mellitus and hyperhomocysteinemia : A complex interaction. Diabetol Metab Syndr. (2017) 9:19.
- Helou M, Rizk GA. State of family medicine practice in Lebanon. J Family Med Prim Care (2016) 5:51-5.
View Dr. Helou’s publications on PubMed.
Professional and Research Interests
- Emergency Medicine, Clinical Teaching
- Clinical Simulation
- Public Health
- Disaster Medicine
Education and Training
- Diploma in Family Medicine, Saint Joseph University, Beirut, Lebanon
- Emergency Medicine Capacity, University of Picardie Jules Verne, Amiens, France
- Clinical Simulation Diploma, Lebanese American University, Byblos, Lebanon
- Master of Science in Disaster Medicine, Universita del Piemonte Orientale, Italy and Vrije Universiteit Brussels, Belgium, 2019
Professional Memberships and Organizations
- European Society for Emergency Medicine (EUSEM)