Roland Seif, MD
Department of Ophthalmology
Dr. Roland Seif is an ophthalmologist specializing in both medical and surgical conditions of the eye, with a focus on medical and surgical treatment of glaucoma and modern cataract surgery methods.
He completed his undergraduate training at the American University of Beirut and subsequently obtained his medical degree from the Lebanese American University. He then completed a residency in ophthalmology at the LAU Medical Center-Rizk Hospital in Beirut. During his residency, he contributed to a number of research studies, and presented the results at both national and international meetings. Following his ophthalmology training, he completed a glaucoma fellowship at the University of Montreal in Canada.
Dr. Seif is one of the few glaucoma specialists in Lebanon and the Middle East region. He has had extensive training in a broad range of traditional as well as novel minimally-invasive techniques for glaucoma surgery. In addition to his unique glaucoma training, Dr. Seif has particular knowledge, interest, and expertise in modern cataract surgery and the newer premium lenses now in use.
He is an active member of the American Glaucoma Society, American Academy of Ophthalmology and European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery.
Dr. Seif currently practices at LAU Medical Center-Rizk Hospital and Clemenceau Medical Center in Beirut.
View Dr. Seif’s publications on PubMed.
Professional and Research Interests
- Glaucoma Surgery
Education and Training
- B.S. in biology, American University of Beirut, Beirut, Lebanon, 2007-2010
- M.D. degree, Lebanese American University Gilbert and Rose-Marie Chagoury School of Medicine, Byblos, Lebanon, 2010-2014
- Medical/Surgical Internship, Lebanese American University Medical Center, Beirut, Lebanon, 2014-2015
- Residency training in Ophthalmology, Lebanese American University Medical Center - Rizk Hospital, 2015-2018
- Fellowship training in Glaucoma, University of Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, 2018-2019
Professional Memberships and Organizations
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Glaucoma Society
- European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery