Rita Nemr, MD
Clinical Associate Professor
Department of Internal Medicine
Division of Endocrinology
Dr. Rita Nemr is Clinical Associate Professor of Endocrinology at the LAU Gilbert and Rose-Marie Chagoury School of Medicine and LAU Medical Center-Rizk Hospital, and Past President of the Lebanese Society of Endocrinology Diabetes and Lipids (2010-2012).
She is a member of the Endocrine Society and the American Diabetes Association.
Dr Nemr received her medical education at St. Joseph University School of Medicine in Beirut. She completed her postgraduate training in internal medicine at Hotel Dieu de France Hospital, Beirut, with specialty training in lipidology at Pitie-Salpetriere Hospital-Paris.
She is an invited speaker at many local and regional congresses, and has authored many publications on the subject of the genetics of type 2 diabetes in Lebanon.
- Kohli P, Waters DD, Nemr R, Arsenault BJ, Messig M, DeMicco DA, Laskey R, Kastelein JJ. Risk of new-onset diabetes and cardiovascular risk reduction from high-dose statin therapy in pre-diabetics and non—pre-diabetics : An analysis from TNT and IDEAL. J Am. Coll. Cardiol (2015) 65(4): 402-404
- Nemr R, Al-Busaidi AS, Sater MS, Echtay A, Saldanha FL, Racoubian E, Keleshian SH. Almawi WY. Lack of replication of common EXT2 gene variants with susceptibility to type 2 diabetes in Lebanese Arabs. Diabetes Metab;39(6):532-6
View Dr. Nemr’s publications on PubMed.
Professional and Research Interests
- General Endocrinology
- Research in Diabetes Mellitus
Education and Training
- B.A, Notre Dame De Jamhour College, Beirut, Lebanon, 1985
- M.D, St Joseph University School of Medicine, Beirut, Lebanon, 1992
- Residency in Internal Medicine, Hotel-Dieu Hospital, Beirut, Lebanon, 1992-1995
- Fellowship in Endocrinology, Lipidology, Pitie-Salpetriere Hospital, Paris, France, 1995-1997
- Certification, Board of Endocrinology, Lebanon, 1996
- Certification, College de Medecine des Hopitaux de Paris, 1996
- Certification, University Diploma in Endocrinological Pharmacology, 1996
- Seminar in Medical Education, St. Joseph University, 2006
Professional Memberships and Organizations
- Past President of the Lebanese Society of Endocrinology 2010-2012
- American Endocrine Society
- American Diabetes Association