General Information on Admission to GME Programs
GME applications (Residency & Fellowship) are posted on MyEvaluation platform. Interested candidates should contact (email) the GME office to get the credentials necessary to access the platform for the online submission of the application and required documents.
After the online submission, candidates need to submit the hard copy of the application together with the required documents to the GME office located at Sarraf Building, next to LAUMCRH.
Applications will be open as of November 29, 2019-January 31, 2020 for Residency and Fellowship programs.
LAU GME offers 17 residency programs including both categorical and preliminary tracks.
Eligibility, Requirements & Qualifying Examinations
The eligibility criteria and requirements for admission vary depending if the applicant is LAU or non-LAU graduate.
GME Applicants are required to submit:
- GME application posted on MyEvaluation platform. To access the platform please contact the GME office to get the credentials needed for your access.
- A photocopy of the applicant’s valid identity card or passport.
- Curriculum Vitae (C V) prepared within three months of the application.
- Person al Statement describing their interest in the specialty.
- Certified copy of the Medical Degree (MD) or if not applicable, a Dean’s letter from the Medical School from which the applicant is enrolled.
- Certified copy of the medical school transcript of record.
- A minimum of three letters of recommendation provided by faculty members who had an academic contact with the applicant (see template for Letter of Recommendation posted on the GME website and on MyEvaluation Platform)
- Two recent, passport size, colored photograph of the applicant.
For all graduates, score reports of the following:
- USMLE step two Clinical Knowledge, or its equivalent, International Foundations of Medicine Clinical Science Examination (IFOM CSE).
- USMLE step one or its equivalent, or its equivalent, International Foundations of Medicine Basic Science Examination (IFOM BSE).
- For LAU graduates; score reports of USMLE step 2 Clinical Knowledge, or its equivalent, International Foundations of Medicine Clinical Science Examination (IFOM CSE).
Note: The IFOM BSE/USMLE step 2 scores will be considered as part of the “Academic Performance” in the evaluation of the residency application and according to a certain weighing factor, which may vary from one program to the other.
Required English Examinations
For graduates from non-American medical schools, score reports of the English Language Proficiency examination.
Qualifying English Examinations
Graduates of medical schools who have obtained their medical degree from an approved medical school listed in the International Medical Education Directory (IMED) are required and mandatory to sit for (1) an English proficiency examination (required if graduate from Non-English teaching medical school) .
English proficiency examination: one of the following
- English Entrance Examination administered at LAU (minimum score of 550)
- International TOEFL (score of 233, or 90 on CBT, or IBT respectively)
- International English Language Testing System IELTS (score of 7.0)
Following Application Submission
Upon submission of the applications to the GME office, the latter will wait for the results of the IFOM (in case no USMLE step 2 score was submitted) to forward the eligible applications to the concerned program(s).
|Accept GME applications||As of November 29, 2019|
|Deadlines for GME applications submission||January 31, 2020|
|IFOM & TOEFL exam results to be submitted||February 10, 2020|
|Call for interviews||February 24- March 9, 2020|
|Interviews conducted||March 16 - March 31, 2020|
|Letters of acceptance and waiting list||April 13 - April 30, 2020|
|Late acceptance (in case of withdrawal of an accepted candidate) & rejection letters||May 2020|
|Contracts offered||June 1, 2020|
|Orientation week||June 1-5, 2020|
|Residency start date||June 8, 2020|
Fellowship Application Requirements
Same as Residency Application Requirements stated above.
Fellowship Programs available:
5. Infectious Diseases
7. Pulmonary & Critical Care