General Information on Admission to GME Programs
Interested candidates need to complete the application form posted on the website from November 30, 2017-January 31, 2017 and submit it to the GME office together with the required documents.
LAU GME offers 15 residency programs including both categorical and preliminary tracks.
Qualifying examinations are required from non-LAU graduate applicants to the GME program;
- United States Medical Licensure (USMLE) step 2 Clinical Knowledge(CK) OR International Foundations of Medicine Clinical Science Examination (IFOM CSE)
- Graduates from non-English speaking universities applying to LAU GME programs, should sit for an English proficiency examination. One of the following:
- English Entrance Examination administered at LAU (minimum score of 550)
- International TOEFL (minimum score of 233, or 90 on CBT, or IBT respectively)
Eligibility and Requirements
The eligibility criteria and requirements for admission vary depending if the applicant is LAU or non-LAU graduate.
Following Application Submission
Upon submission of the applications to the GME office, the latter will wait for the results of the IFOM CSE (in case no USMLE step 2 score was submitted) to forward the eligible applications to the concerned program(s).
- The interviews will be conducted during the month of March 2017
- Letters of acceptance/rejection/waiting list will be sent during the month of April 2017
- Acceptance/rejection letters for waiting list applicants will be sent during the month of May 2017.
- Accepted candidates will sign their contracts and complete employment formalities at the beginning of June 2016.
- Orientation to residency programs will take place during the week preceding the start of the residency training (the exact date will be announced later).
- The new academic year starts June 12, 2017.